Courtesy and Noise Policy
The Library Courtesy and Noise Policy apply to zones within the library as described below.
Social Zones – Group meetings or individual conversations on cell phones can be done on the verandahs of the Library both on the ground floor and the first floor.
Active Zones – Library transactions can go on at the front desk; shortened, quiet discussions and conversations allowed; No cell phone use allowed.
Collaborative Zones – Keep noise to a minimum; Cell phones may be used. These zones include the under listed spaces:
- Office of the Director of Library Services
- Staff Offices (Technical Services Section)
- Faculty Offices
Silent Zones – No conversation or discussion allowed; No cell phone use allowed
- Reference Reading Room ground floor
- Reference Reading Room first floor
- Graduate section first floor
- Center for the Study of Christianity in Africa (CESCA) housed in the Library premises.
Food and Beverage Policy
Food and beverages are permitted in the Library under the following guidelines:
- Food is permitted only in the staff offices and faculty offices.
- Persons with food allergies need to be aware that food with allergens is consumed in these places and may be present in other areas of the Library.
- Beverages in closed or sealed containers are permitted throughout the library with the exception of the ICT Centre and CESCA.
- Drinking water is allowed anywhere in the library in a plastic bottle. However, sachet water, also called pure water, is not allowed anywhere in the Library.