The Trinity Theological Seminary was founded in 1942 in Kumasi. It is the premier and leading ecumenical theological tertiary institution in Ghana and the West Africa sub-region. It is housed on a beautiful 70-acre site in the same geographical location as the University of Ghana, Legon.
The Trinity Theological Seminary has five Sponsoring Churches: The Presbyterian Church of Ghana, The Methodist Church Ghana, Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Ghana, African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church and the Anglican Diocese of Accra. Admissions are open to candidates from all Christian denominations, both for theological education and pastoral and leadership training.
The Seminary offers Christian theological education and training, teaching in biblical studies, mission and history, counselling, preaching and other practice-oriented ministry programmes in an enabling environment to resource pastors and Christian leaders for holistic ministry.